[Qtwebengine] open files

Tom Deblauwe deblauwetom at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 12:59:15 CEST 2015

Hi,

Thanks Andras, I could compile it and I could run a simple webengineview
with the qmlscene application. I used the embedded_linux config, but
I've set these different:

use_x11=1
use_dbus=1
desktop_linux=1
use_ozone=0

Performance is not really great I must admit, but it works. The
animations and scrolling are sluggish. Is that maybe because of the
"use_ozone=0"? Maybe it would compile if I removed the
"ozone_platforms_dri=0" setting?

However, after a few page loads, i get a crash, indicating a "too many
open files" error. Setting the open files limit even as root with
"ulimit -n 60000" does not help. Maybe anybody has a clue about what
could be causing this and what your limits should be set to?
I also tried the pre-built 32-bit version of Qt 4.5.1 and there I have
the same "too many open files" problem, so it's very probably something
about my linux OS that is not correct, but how can I figure out what
exactly? Or a list of what webengine needs from the OS to run properly?

Best regards,
Tom,