[Qtwebengine] open files

Andras Becsi andras.becsi at theqtcompany.com
Tue Jun 16 13:19:11 CEST 2015

Hi Tom,

With an embedded device running X11 I do not think you can get much
better performance, unless the device is really powerfull.

To use ozone, you need a platform implementation, and we only provide it
for eglfs (ozone_platform_eglfs.cpp). Also use_ozone=1 is probably
conflicting with desktop_linux=1, and ozone_platform_dri is just an
implementation of the ozone layer withing chromium, which won't work
with Qt.

As I wrote previously this setup is not supported hence not tested, so
your crash is probably also caused by the heavy X11 setup.

I'm not sure 60000 is even a valid value for ulimit, you could try
setting a more realistic limit (ulimit -Sn 8192) according to:
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/180063/chrome-too-many-files-open-crash-sorry-jim

 > I also tried the pre-built 32-bit version of Qt 4.5.1
You probably mean 5.4.1 here.

For these kind of issues you can always google for Chromium problems
since if you see something rendered by Qt and it runs, then the Qt layer
basically works and the issue is most probably in the Chromium setup
and/or the system setup, so other people might also encounter it.

/Andras