[Qtwebengine] Touch scrolling with WebEngine?

Herrie me at herrie.org
Tue Sep 29 08:03:44 CEST 2015

Hi Mike,

We're in the process of moving from QtWebkit to QtWebEngine for our
project (LuneOS, an Open webOS based distribution with lots of custom
components). We're using QML for our Browser app and scrolling worked
out of the box for us. We didn't need the scroll indicators anymore like
we had before and also the Flickable doesn't seem to be required anymore.

Herrie

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

On 29-Sep-15 00:56, Mike Nolan wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am wondering what is the best way to achieve touch-based scrolling with
> the WebEngineView QML component. When it came to using QtWebKit in older
> releases (4.8 in this case) you could put the WebView inside a Flickable,
> but I see that WebEngineView has scrollbars added to it with no way to
> remove them (I think?). What is the best way to achieve touch-based
> scrolling/flicking with WebEngine?
>
> Thanks.
> Mike

---