[Qtwebengine] Qt 5.4.2 MSVC WebEngine use

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Fri Apr 22 08:41:12 CEST 2016

This should be defined in Qt5Widgets (at least if you really configured Qt
with -opengl).

> I am not sure to understand why this cannot be found, I have put for the
> sake of testing all the dll in Qt_DIR\bin next to the application, and all the
> plug-ins.

You should try to open the app in Dependency Walker
(depends.exe, http://www.dependencywalker.com). It will first and foremost
show you which libraries are picked up. But it also has a 'Profiler' mode
where you can launch the application, and it will show you in much detail
how also dynamc plugins etc are loaded.

> [...]
> I wanted to try a simple example in Qt Creator 3.6.1 but it complains: Project
> ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: webenginewidgets

This hints that the Qt installation is broken, or that you are using the wrong
Qt (check the 'kit' selected).

> The browser.exe example runs fine (built with visual studio)
>
> Do you have any idea of what is wrong?

Just that something in your installation/setup is botched ;)

Regards

Kai