[Qtwebengine] Qt 5.4.2 MSVC WebEngine use

Jonathan Delfour JDelfour at slb.com
Fri Apr 22 16:59:54 CEST 2016

Hi, Thanks for the answer.

My application is actually a DLL loaded by an external application and it cannot be simulated outside of this host application as they communicate via RPC and the failure happens after they started to communicate.
Depends.exe does not find any missing direct dependency when I defined my module search order to match what happens and try to load that DLL (it does not go far enough as there is no server listening on the RPC channel).

Anyway, the issue seems to be that this host application does not use Qt built with -opengl. But for my plugin I built it against the Qt -opengl version.
And when loading my plugin it still uses the non opengl version. Mixing binaries leads to crashes.

I am not using QtQuick but still require the opengl support to use QWebEngineView?
Could you please clarify what is required to run web engine?

I solved the Qt Creator issue by assigning the kit (I had it defined but did not find where to assign it :)) and everything works there.

Thanks,
Jon

For Qt Creator, it seems it was using a wrong kit, all good now