[Qtwebengine] Qt 5.4.2 MSVC WebEngine use

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Fri Apr 22 17:10:58 CEST 2016

Yes, this is a delicate setup. You should really use the same Qt version, otherwise
bad things will happen (TM).

Another option might be to configure your Qt with -qtnamespace and
-qtlibinfix.

> I am not using QtQuick but still require the opengl support to use
> QWebEngineView?
> Could you please clarify what is required to run web engine?

QWebEngineView uses the SceneGraph in the QtQuick module as a compositor.
So yes, even if you use Qt5WebEngineWidgets it uses Qt Quick, which in
turn relies on a graphics part directly supporting OpenGL, ANGLE, llvmpipe,
or the Qt Quick 2D Renderer.

Regards

Kai