[Qtwebengine] QtWebEngine slower than WebKit?

Jarred Nicholls jarred.nicholls at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 13:25:52 CET 2016

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016, Kevin Truong <knt261 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to see if there is anything I can do to speed up web engine.
>
> For a single page, web engine renders a page faster than web kit.
>
> For hundreds of pages rendering in parallel, web engine seems to finish
> the batch slower than web kit. I imagine this is because web engine is more
> cpu intensive than web kit, and my machine is being bottle necked by cpu.
> Also my machine has no gpu to enable any graphic acceleration.

Chromium's multi-process architecture comes with inherent overhead in order
to communicate between all processes (one per page).  WebKit1 runs
in-process completely and therefore would not suffer from IPC and context
switching as deeply as Chromium in the many-pages-in-parallel test.

Does this make sense?  In short, I'm afraid there isn't much you can do
about it.  May I ask what is your use case for loading hundreds of pages in
parallel, out of curiosity?

Cheers,
Jarred

--