[Qtwebengine] QtWebEngine slower than WebKit?

Kevin Truong knt261 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 01:19:54 CET 2016

Hi all,

Just wanted to see if there is anything I can do to speed up web engine.

For a single page, web engine renders a page faster than web kit.

For hundreds of pages rendering in parallel, web engine seems to finish the
batch slower than web kit. I imagine this is because web engine is more cpu
intensive than web kit, and my machine is being bottle necked by cpu. Also
my machine has no gpu to enable any graphic acceleration.

I wanted to confirm,

1. Has anyone else been experiencing this too, or is it just me and a bug
in my implementation somewhere that slows it down?

2. Is there anything I can do to speed up the web engine processes? E.g.
more aggressive caching, or disabling any CPU-intensive features that are
nice-to-have but not necessary to render a page? Or disable security checks
or malware link checks that happen in the background?

Many thanks,
Kevin