[Qtwebengine] Modifying request Headers for QML's WebEngineView

Neil Williams neil+qt at copycopy.cc
Tue May 24 12:06:34 CEST 2016

Are there any plans to allow modifying of a request header's, or intercept
requests via the QML WebEngineView component?

We have a c++ backend with a qml frontend, occasionally we need to display
web content within the App authenticated by the request headers (cookies +
others). At the moment we have to use QtWebKit (waiting to see if
QWebEngine can be submitted to the mac store in 5.7) and swap it around
within a QStackedWidget with a Qml Widget. This obviously forces our hand
in terms of how our app is composed and it is not ideal.

I am aware that we won't be able to hook QNAM into QWebEngine ever, but
allowing more control of the requests that originate from WebEngineView
would do for now.

Thanks.