[Qtwebengine] Why is Kerberos support disabled by default on Linux

Michal Klocek michal.klocek at qt.io
Tue Oct 26 13:21:30 CEST 2021

Hi

I do not think Kerberos supported was ever tested on linux, therefore it is disabled. Moreover  on Linux it needs external GSSAPI library for implementing HTTP Negotiate authentication, this will be loaded during run time, grep sources for GSSAPISharedLibrary::LoadSharedLibrary and see:

  "libgssapi_krb5.so.2",  // MIT Kerberos - FC, Suse10, Debian
  "libgssapi.so.4",       // Heimdal - Suse10, MDK
  "libgssapi.so.2",       // Heimdal - Gentoo
  "libgssapi.so.1"        // Heimdal - Suse9, CITI - FC, MDK, Suse10

Therefore it might require extra setup and testing.

Br

Michal