[Releasing] Proposing Alpha2 again

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Aug 17 18:26:39 CEST 2012

What's the status of the *source* packages?

I really don't see us releasing beta1 by the end of the next week. I haven't
seen any split source packages yet, which means there has been no testing in
the official source release form.

Can we say that we *WILL* release something next week, be it:
 - alpha 2
 - beta 1

Whichever we're ready for.

Moreover, I propose that we release *something* every 2 weeks from that point
on. Whether it's called alpha or beta is just a matter of quality of the
sources we produce.

The reason for asking this is because there are lots of people using the first
alpha for trying out Qt 5. That's old. There's absolutely no gain in them
trying the alpha, since any feedback they can give will be stale. It will only
add to their frustration.