[Releasing] Qt 5 sources packaged in bz2 format is truncated/wrong

Keith Isdale keith.isdale at nokia.com
Mon Aug 20 06:35:07 CEST 2012

On 20/08/12 13:11, ext Keith Isdale wrote:
> When attempting to use file like:
>      http://releases.qt-project.org/digia/2012-08-19/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0.tar.bz2
> or
>      http://origin.releases.qt-project.org/digia/2012-08-19/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0.tar.bz2
>
> I find the file size is about 1.9Mb. From my tests it looks likes the .bz2 version of Qt 5 sources have been problematic since 10th Aug (20012-08-10)

I spoke too soon there are also issues with the .tar.gz version :(

The attached file shows the results of manifest tests I run: the difference between a manifest list I had for Qt5 some days verses http://releases.qt-project.org/digia/2012-08-19/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0.tar.gz

Note that
*  the "reference manifest" I have is not necessarily authoritative since it was determined from a pre-beta Qt 5 source package ;)
* I did not create a bug since I understood that the packaging scripts are being actively developed

 From a Qt user perspective I find that Qt 5 does not compile using a "minimal" set of configure options since at least the content from the qtxmlpattern repo is missing from the Qt 5 source package. In case it helps see the attached minimalbuild.tar.gz for the log files associated with this build.

Keith Isdale
Quality Engineer
Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks