[Releasing] Proposing Alpha2 again

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Mon Aug 20 09:04:17 CEST 2012

On Aug 19, 2012, at 12:57 PM, ext Turunen Tuukka <Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com<mailto:Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com>> wrote:


It would also be good to check all modules and update the ones there is newer stable one available.

Yes, I'll check the status of the qt5.git integration.

The 28th sounds like a good date, let's focus on the remaining issues during the next days so we can have some decent packages for Wed/Thu.





marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com<mailto:marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com> kirjoitti 19.8.2012 13:00:

Our marketing people have prepared something for the beta.

I will be in Oslo this week, and will gather all the "strings" for a release on Tuesday 28th.

Sent from my Nokia N9On 8/18/12 6:56 ext Turunen Tuukka wrote:
For release timing our marketing folks always prefer Tue-Thu timeframe as that allows best visibility in media.

So what do you think about Tuesday 28th? If the things can be fixed during next week, that is feasible. It would be good to have the candidate ready some days before the release. Could that be a date we all agree to target and make remaining fixes accordingly?

There is also marketing things to do - at least wiki update and blog posts. Unless someone has those ready in hiding, agreeing on the day helps marketing to prepare these.




Thiago Macieira kirjoitti 18.8.2012 14:00:

On sexta-feira, 17 de agosto de 2012 17.03.59, Turunen Tuukka wrote:
> I would like to release the beta. There are some small things needed and we
> are good to go.

I'd like to release the beta, too. But I think it's important we release
*something*, which is why I'm proposing we release next week and we just
decide on what to call it.

> Details in the bugreports, but mainly:
> - Update to get latest modules with fixes into release
> - Docs did not compile, hopefully fixed soon
> - Readme still from Alpha?
> - Marketing, at least wiki, blogs, ...

Can those be all done and ready by Wednesday? So we can generate packages
overnight and test them on Thursday, including the split source packages?
Assuming that the testing on Thursday reveals no problems, we can release the
beta on Friday.

> Those I remembered, now in airport heading home. But there should not be
> much more.
> We need to get the beta out soon in order to get feedback from users.

Agreed. But more importantly, we need to get *something* out so we can get
feedback from users.


Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) intel.com<http://intel.com>
Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center
Intel Sweden AB - Registration Number: 556189-6027
Knarrarnäsgatan 15, 164 40 Kista, Stockholm, Sweden

Releasing mailing list
Releasing at qt-project.org<mailto:Releasing at qt-project.org>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/releasing/attachments/20120820/61e8a196/attachment.html>

More information about the Releasing mailing list