[Releasing] QtDeclarative aka QtQuick1 examples & docs

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Tue Dec 11 12:34:17 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Koehne Kai <Kai.Koehne at digia.com> wrote:
> I'd like to propose that we keep the qtdeclarative/examples in the source packages, but do not show them in Qt Creator. This avoids confusion for new starters who will be confused by "Declarative" vs "Qml" and "Quick" examples, while at the same time keep them around in the repo / source packages for people.

I have no direct problems with this, although it implies to me that
QtQuick1 is "deprecated", and not "done" in terms of maturity, which
I'm not yet sure I'd agree with (given that there are still a lot of
folks using it, and probably will be for a while).

I do agree that the naming/terminology and split is a complete and
utter disaster, and I guess just pretending it never happened is one
pretty good way to deal with it.