[Releasing] Release process for QMF and Qt Mobility

Sergio Ahumada sergio.ahumada at digia.com
Tue Dec 11 14:12:57 CET 2012

On 12/10/2012 08:57 PM, Robin Burchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The release process for components in Qt essentials is fairly clear:
> there's a release team who are now seeming to get things quite well on
> track.
>
> It's a little less clear for addons (the specific one I have in mind
> being QMF) and "miscellaneous" things like Qt Mobility.
>
> For Qt Mobility especially, I think some action is needed. The last
> tag in the repository is 1.2.0. VERSION in common.pri is 1.2.2, which
> means we have at least two minor releases which weren't tagged, and I
> think it is probably overdue for a 1.2.3, too (~300 commits since the
> commit increasing the version number in common.pri).

Actually the 1.2 branch is missing. This is the first thing we should do
IMHO.

Also I didn't manage to find any references to any further releases
other than 1.2.0
https://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2011/05/12/qt-mobility-1-2-0-released/

1.2.1 seems to be an Nokia's internal release for Symbian Belle and
1.2.2 another internal release for Symbian Carla.

Is it too weird to suggest to just re-bump-back to 1.2.1 and do a proper
release ? (some people might want to even remove the Symbian code in the
future)

Cheers,
--
Sergio Ahumada