[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Release team meeting Dec 11, 2012

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Dec 11 19:22:04 CET 2012

On terça-feira, 11 de dezembro de 2012 16.23.33, Linaae Hanne wrote:
> [4:19pm]hanne:but if we release RC2 tomorrow, and final on tuesday next
> week, that is one day short of a full week [4:20pm]hanne:question is: would
> that be ok?
> [4:20pm]ZapB:if the RC is good that woudl seem reasonable ot me
> [4:21pm]hanne:anyone else want to comment?
> [4:21pm]hanne:thiago: ^ ?
> [4:22pm]rosch:hanne: good to me 
> [4:22pm]•tijensse don't understands the hurry, but yes just try that,
> feeling for me would much better if we have a rc3 this year and just a
> release at the beginning of january, yes only a opinion of a small
> developer

Hmm.. I had missed this part of the meeting due to the netsplit.

After we release RC2, we need to wait for feedback and then we can decide 
whether we need RC3 or if we can go for final. I think it's unfair to testers 
if we don't let them test, so if we release anything before a week is out, it 
needs to be RC3. And then one more week goes by.

Let's make sure that RC2 *is* release quality. Assuming that it is and there 
are no bad feedback in that week, we can release the final next week (say, Dec 

Another point is that we now need to seek feedback. Lack of feedback is not 
evidence of no problems.

Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) intel.com
  Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
URL: <http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/releasing/attachments/20121211/1ce3fe02/attachment.sig>

More information about the Releasing mailing list