[Releasing] Fwd: [Qt-creator] 2.6 feature freeze and 2.5.1 release

eike.ziller at nokia.com eike.ziller at nokia.com
Tue Jul 24 14:17:05 CEST 2012

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "ext eike.ziller at nokia.com" <eike.ziller at nokia.com>
> Date: 20 July 2012 12:40:34 CEST
> To: <qt-creator at qt-project.org>
> Subject: [Qt-creator] 2.6 feature freeze and 2.5.1 release
>
> Hi all devs,
>
> * Now that all major feature work is integrated in Qt Creator master, we'll go into feature freeze next week (EOB (UTC+2) on July 24th)
> * It looks like we can release a Qt Creator 2.5.1 next week as well, which besides other things will fix the font rendering problem on Mac

I'd release Qt Creator 2.5.1 tomorrow.
This release is still built with the "legacy" build setup, not yet with builds.qt-project.org.

Which brings me to the topic:
Qt Creator 2.6 beta wouldn't be far in the future from now, but the Qt Creator setup at builds.qt-project.org doesn't create installers for Windows + Linux yet, but only 7zips. It would be great to build TheRealThing(tm) on builds.qt-project.org though. The old setup uses Bitrock, so we can't just take what is there. But the SDK also contains a (hopefully?) working IFW component for Qt Creator.
Who could help with creating installers?

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori