[Releasing] Page with Qt 5 downloads and instructions

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Tue Jun 12 22:27:50 CEST 2012

Hi, the Qt 5 Beta announcement assumes that there is a page with the
downloadable binaries and installation instructions.

- Who is in charge of that page?
- Can we have a URL defined?

Considering that we are maming a call to platforms developers but also
to advanced application developers for early feedback with the Beta, it
would be useful to offer instructions to install Qt Creator (or re-use
latest Qt SDK?) and get the Qt 5 targets there. Otherwise we risk
getting app developers excited only to hit a wall to thick for many of them.

fwiw the QtonPi project has instructions that maybe could be reused or
adapted:
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Create#1b825bfe50d3793bdec3827e53945528

If the steps to get your SDK ready for Qt 5 are generic, a possibility
would be to have them in an independent page that Qt 5 Beta, QtonPi, etc
could link to?

--
Quim