[Releasing] Qt 5 alpha 20120314: linux g++ C++11: FAILURE

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Mar 16 12:52:55 CET 2012

On sexta-feira, 16 de março de 2012 10.54.44, kai.koehne at nokia.com wrote:
> >> I'll try that. That's the way I build Qt these days anyway, I was just
> >> wondering if there was a better / more recommended way.
> >>
> >> I also recommend removing the configure and qt.pro from the top-level.
> >
> > yes, we probably should do that for the alpha.
>
> Huh? Doesn't the top level qt.pro contain the module dependencies? Do we
> seriously expect people to work them out on their own?
>
> Given the choice, I'd rather propose that we only support -developer-build
> or -prefix="%PWD%/qtbase" in the alpha.

Neither of those options are acceptable. The package must be installable. We
must fix installation before releasing the alpha.

I suggest we remove the files, then add a README that includes the correct
build order.

That is:
	qtbase
	qtsvg
	qtphonon
	qtxmlpatterns
	qtjsbackend
	qtdeclarative
	qtwebkit
	qtwebkit-examples-and-demos
	qtimageformats
	qtsensors
	qtdocgallery
	qtwayland (if Wayland is found)
	qtscript
	qtquick1
	qtsystems
	qtconnectivity
	qtmultimedia
	qtfeedback
	qtjsondb
	qt3d
	qtlocation
	qtactiveqt (if on Windows)
	qttools
	qttranslations
	qtdoc

Finally, the commands to build qtwebkit are:
	cd qtwebkit
	export WEBKITOUTPUTDIR=$$PWD/WebKitBuild (Unix)
	set WEBKITOUTPUTDIR=%CD%/WebKitBuild (Windows)
	perl <sourcedir>/Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --qt --qmake=<path-to-qmake>
--install-libs=<install dir> --release --makeargs=$MAKEFLAGS