[Releasing] Comments on Qt 5 Alpha notes

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 21 09:41:12 CET 2012

On quarta-feira, 21 de março de 2012 06.48.08, henry.haverinen at nokia.com
wrote:
> The documentation talks about the "Qt PIM" module, which is confusing.
> This guide should be written as a high-level tutorial on Personal
> Infomation Management and on these related modules, but the collection
> should not be explained as a module, because it doesn't work like a module
> in the code or in the .pro files etc. I created
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-24902

Qt PIM is not part of the alpha. It's not an essential.

> Is Phonon going to be a part of the Alpha release? If it is, it should
> probably be called "Phonon" rather than Qt Phonon.

No, Phonon is not part of the alpha since it got no activity during the Qt 5
time. Just like ActiveQt, it compiles but since no one is doing anything on
them, we decided we cannot release them until someone steps up to check that
they actually work and decide what their future will be.

Other modules were excluded from the second alpha package because they don't
compile on the reference platforms.