[Releasing] Comments on Qt 5 Alpha notes

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Wed Mar 21 10:15:20 CET 2012

On 3/21/12 9:41 AM, "ext Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com<mailto:thiago.macieira at intel.com>> wrote:

On quarta-feira, 21 de março de 2012 06.48.08, henry.haverinen at nokia.com<mailto:henry.haverinen at nokia.com>
wrote:
The documentation talks about the "Qt PIM" module, which is confusing.
This guide should be written as a high-level tutorial on Personal
Infomation Management and on these related modules, but the collection
should not be explained as a module, because it doesn't work like a module
in the code or in the .pro files etc. I created

Qt PIM is not part of the alpha. It's not an essential.

Is Phonon going to be a part of the Alpha release? If it is, it should
probably be called "Phonon" rather than Qt Phonon.

No, Phonon is not part of the alpha since it got no activity during the Qt 5
time. Just like ActiveQt, it compiles but since no one is doing anything on
them, we decided we cannot release them until someone steps up to check that
they actually work and decide what their future will be.

Other modules were excluded from the second alpha package because they don't
compile on the reference platforms.

The modules which we will ignore for the Alpha are:

  *   Qtactiveqt
  *   Phonon
  *   QtTranslations
  *   Qlalr
  *   QtQa
  *   QtFeedback
  *   QtDocGallery
  *   QtPim
  *   QtConnectivity
  *   QtJsonDb
  *   RepoTools
  *   (QtSensors was also on the list, but it turns out QtWebKit has it as a hard dependency, so it's going back in)

--
.marius