[Releasing] Qt 5 alpha status

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Mon Mar 26 21:24:58 CEST 2012

Hi,

we're getting closer to the Qt 5 alpha, but it unfortunately took a little
longer than anticipated. Main issue is to get a couple of remaining
patches in that are required for the release. They are mainly smaller
fixes to our build system

* Add build script for Qt 5
(http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,21261)

This adds a top level build script to qt5.git to simplify building the
package from source.

* Add syncqt option -compat-headers and enable qmake to call that option
(http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,20927)

This disables the Qt declarative compat headers by default as the modules
that are part of the alpha have already been cleaned up. This will still
get fully removed before the 5.0 final.

* Sync configure with Unix version (-make/-nomake)
(http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,20778)

Required, so we can re-enable the tests in a consistent way in the CI
system.

* Remove 'tests' as default build part
(http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,20781)

Don't build tests of qtbase in the default build, as they aren't included
in the package.

I'll now go through them and try to stage the first three. Once they are
in, we'll need to add -make tests to the configure parameters in our CI
system, then we can stage the last one.

Rohan, can you try and help getting these through tonight?

If make it through the CI system tonight and we can create new and
hopefully finally packages tomorrow morning.

Cheers,
Lars