[Releasing] Alpha package ready for testing

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Sat Mar 31 04:44:58 CEST 2012

On 03/30, darxus at chaosreigns.com wrote:
> Built with wayland 0.85.  qtwebkit worked with xcb output but *not* with
> wayland output.  Which is surprising, since wayland output was working with

> /home/darxus/source/qt5/qtbase/plugins/platforms/libqwayland.so: undefined
> symbol: FcPatternCreate

Thiago suggested I LD_PRELOAD libfontconfig.  That made it work.

Strace said with -platform xcb, fancybrowser was loading
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfontconfig.so.1.  With -platform wayland, it
wasn't trying to load libfontconfig from anywhere.

Command that worked:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfontconfig.so.1 /home/darxus/source/qt5/qtwebkit-examples-and-demos/examples/webkit/fancybrowser/fancybrowser -platform wayland

--
"Wash daily from nose-tip to tail-tip; drink deeply, but never too deep;
And remember the night is for hunting, and forget not the day is for sleep."