[Releasing] Platform and Compiler configurations for Qt 5.0 beta release

morten.sorvig at nokia.com morten.sorvig at nokia.com
Wed May 2 10:58:55 CEST 2012

On Apr 30, 2012, at 2:39 PM, ext Stephen Chu wrote:

> On 4/30/2012 4:56 AM, morten.sorvig at nokia.com wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 27, 2012, at 10:52 PM, Knoll Lars (Nokia-MP/Oslo) wrote:
>>> * The other question I have is regarding Mac. I think we now switched to
>>> using clang as the default compiler. Morten, any comments on that?
>>
>> That's correct. Please use the macx-clang mkspec.
>
> Even when building on 10.6?

10.6 compatibility is a good point. Questions to be answered are:
1) Can the binary package be used to develop on 10.6?
2) Can the Qt binaries included in the package be deployed to 10.6?

When everything was gcc "new" binaries generally worked on older OS X versions, but I think we have to test how switching to the clang toolchain factors into this. (One related point of historical trivia is that Apple patched 10.3 when 10.4 switched to using a dynamic libstdc++.)

Morten