[Releasing] Renaming qtdeclarative.git to qtquick2.git?
Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Mon Nov 19 15:43:42 CET 2012
I guess by now everyone is pretty tired of renaming changes. I'm wondering anyhow whether we shouldn't do a final step now and rename the "qtdeclarative" repository to "qtquick2".
Right now repository/module mapping is pretty awkward:
- QtDeclarative library, QtDeclarative, QtQuick1 namespaces are implemented in qtquick1.git , or qt5/qtquick1 directory
- QtQml, QtQuick2 libraries, namespaces are implemented in qtdeclarative.git , or qt5/qtdeclarative directory
So if you're searching for the sources of some "QtDeclarative" files, you've to go to qtquick1 directory, _not_ qtdeclarative directory. This affects git checkouts, and the sources that we'll ship in the installers.
AFAICT changing the repository / directory name would require changes in
- top level qt5.git, qtsdk.git
- gerrit setup
- release system (maybe)
- anyone pulling would have to remove qtdeclarative directory manually
- all changes staged against qtdeclarative would have to be restaged against new module
The names of repositories are something that doesn't affect the mere end user / product, so we could also do it after the 5.0 release. Anyhow, it's also compelling to fix this right now, before the initial release and when the number of submitted/staged changes should (still) be low. What do you think?
Kai Koehne, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
Digia Germany GmbH, Rudower Chaussee 13, D-12489 Berlin
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin.
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B
More information about the Releasing