[Releasing] [Development] Preparing to release repackaged version of Qt 4.8.3 with Digia copyrights

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 18:31:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 3 October 2012 17:09, Salovaara Akseli <Akseli.Salovaara at digia.com> wrote:
> We are preparing to release a repackaged version of Qt 4.8.3 with Digia
> copyrights (Qt 4.8.3-1) very soon. The Qt 4.8.3-1 contains the same
> functionality as the Qt 4.8.3 release with copyright changes from Nokia to
> Digia (sha1 has not been changed).

Sorry... the SHA1 of what? Of the commit tagged as 4.8.3?

> There was a problem related to MinGW
> in the Qt 4.8.3 release which should be now fixed on Qt 4.8.3-1.

This last statement contradicts the previous one (same functionality,
only legal/copyright changes). Has this fix landed in the 4.8 branch?
Are you cherry picking it along with the license changes?

> Please note that we cannot create release from repository with copyright
> changes without changing sha1.

Can't you push a commit on top of 4.8.3 that updates the license
files, and tag that commit 4.8.3-1?
Perhaps it's premature, but since the license headers have already
been updated in the 4.8 branch, and it (hopefully) already contains
the aforementioned MinGW fix, I would recommend to release 4.8.4 as
soon as possible, instead of 4.8.3-1...

Cheers,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo