[Releasing] QtCreator sources (or just headers) to Qt5 installer?

Poenitz Andre Andre.Poenitz at digia.com
Tue Oct 23 10:12:41 CEST 2012

Ziller Eike:
> I don't care if there are Qt Creator sources in the installer or not,
> I don't see a big reason to include it (though it also might be
>  interesting for people to have a look at the sources, e.g. to see
> what is necessary for supporting Qt4+Qt5), and I don't see a big
> problem with including them.
>
> *If* we include any headers/sources, it should just be the whole
> source package (just pulling out headers wouldn't make much
> sense as explained), and IMO it should be an extra component
> in the installer.

I fully agree. The main use case is to have a show case "Hey, look,
there's a non-trivial application running on both Qt 4 and Qt 5,
sources are right in front of you!" - and whether that's worth 17MB
download for everybody I don't know.

For actual development of Qt Creator plugins, open or not, using
sources from git is much more convenient. About the only case
I could think of that would be different is some environment without
direct internet access.

Andre'