[Releasing] State of Qt 5.0.0 wk 43
Sinan.Tanilkan at digia.com
Tue Oct 23 17:38:46 CEST 2012
_State of Qt 5.0.0 beta 2_
Here is an overview of the top issues that we are following for Qt 5. If you know about issues that needs to be handled for Qt 5.0.0, that is not covered here. Please let us know.
*Installer-Scripts & configurations*
- Installer GUI: binaries divided to two components: essentials and addons. Sources divided to: essentials (one chunk) and addons, which are then divided to five different components (qtsvg, qtactiveqt, qttranslations, qtimageformats and qtgraphicaleffects).
- QtCreator updated to QtCreator built with Qt5.
- Installer packages are copied into folder "latest" (http://origin.releases.qt-project.org/digia/5.0.0_beta2/latest ) and "latest_succesful" (http://origin.releases.qt-project.org/digia/5.0.0_beta2/latest_succesful) at Origin. The /latest will have the latest build done but not necessarily have full build (if there was compilation errors). The /latest_succesful will have latest full build, it has all installers, but not necessarily as new as content in /latest.
- According to the latest info, ANGLE is going to be added to qtbase soon, we need to adjust Qt5 build scripts to that (https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,37290 ).
- There are bugs in Qt5 source codes that prevent successful builds of Qt5, for that reason there hasn't been installers to download for a week now (latest full build from Oct 15, only Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit installer missing.). Currently there are 2 bugs in windows webkit build (Simon working with those) and two more general issues (Oswald working on these)
Agreement is not reached on this discussion. Lars has been asked to make a decision.
- Qt Creator on Qt5/Mac is still complicated, but fixes are moving in.
- We are seeing some issues related to the xcb plugin on Linux. This needs more investigation.
Qt bugs that needs to be fixed for Qt Creator to work on Qt 5, can be found on: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=labels+%3D+Creator_Qt5
Everything that must happen for Qt 5 beta 2 is done.
Changes are done and integrated.
Changes are done and integrated.
Changes are done and reviewed. Needs a minor change in the CI-system, that is currently being worked on. Should be in today.
All CI-projects have been moved to the Digia hosted CI-system, except "Qt 4.8 Integration", "Qt5 master Integration", and "QtBase master Integration". There are currently a few differences in auto-test results, in these projects, compared to the Nokia hosted system. Once the differences are ironed out, we will finish the migration of the CI-system to Digia. We hope to have this done today (Tuesday) or tomorrow morning (Wednesday).
No news that affects Qt 5 beta 2.
Total number of unresolved bugs affecting Qt 5: 709 (prev. report: 686)
Link to filter: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=13521
Blockers (P0): 2 (both related to Qt 5 Beta 2 binary installer)
Criticals (P1): 55 (7%), prev. report: 55
Important (P2): 268 (37%), prev. 266
Not evaluated yet: 33 (%4), prev. 15
For beta 2 release, only a couple of bugs are still open, mainly related Qt Creator on Qt 5 and packaging/installers. Bugs (and other tasks) for Beta 2 can be followed on QTBUG-27319 (link below).
_Ensuring that everything is handled_
All issues that are critical for the release should be marked as required for one of these issues:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27319 - Qt 5.0 Beta 2 tasks
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27426 - Qt 5.0 Final release tasks
If here is a need for discussion on the issues, this can be done on releasing at qt-project.org or irc (#qt-releases on Freenode).
Sinan S. Tanilkan
on behalf of the Qt 5 releasing team
More information about the Releasing