[Releasing] [Development] On the reliability of CI

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Thu Oct 25 08:17:56 CEST 2012

On 25.10.2012 7.32, "Lincoln Ramsay" <a1291762 at gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm pretty sure there's someone at Digia ready to take over maintenance
>of the CI system. However, there isn't (to my knowledge) anyone ready to
>take on the task of keeping Qt in a state that can pass through the CI
>system. If nobody steps up to take on this responsibility then it'll
>fall on everyone to ensure their stuff is getting through CI.

We have allocated some of our very best engineers to the CI transfer
project and will continue to do so. We are fully aware of the importance
of the CI system. Transferring the system is certainly a non-trivial tasks
and it has actually been proceeding really well. At the same time we are
also doing major improvements to the system architecture, which will allow
more collaboration than before.

Rest assured, we will do our very best to keep the system in good shape.
Digia is by far the biggest contributor to Qt and when there are problems
in the CI no-one hurts more than us. That said, it will take us a lot of
time and effort to get things running smoothly - and a lot of learning to
get even close to the competence level of the guys who have operated the
CI before.

Yours,

	Tuukka