[Releasing] State of Qt 5.0.0 wk 44

Tanilkan Sinan Sinan.Tanilkan at digia.com
Tue Oct 30 16:01:45 CET 2012

Hi,

_State of Qt 5.0.0 beta 2_
Here is an overview of the top issues that we are following for Qt 5. If you know about issues that needs to be handled for Qt 5.0.0, that is not covered here. Please let us know.

*Packages and testing*
Installer packages for Linux and Mac are available at http://releases.qt-project.org/digia/5.0.0_beta2/latest/. More info in Iikka's email earlier today.

Initial smoke testing has been started, and we are looking forward to see the QA team's advice on how mature the packages are.

*Library renaming*
Agreement is not reached on all parts of this discussion yet.

*Qt Creator*
No updates on Qt Creator this week.

Qt bugs that needs to be fixed for Qt Creator to work on Qt 5, can be found on: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=labels+%3D+Creator_Qt5

*ANGLE*
Changes are done and integrated.

*Bug situation*
Total number of unresolved bugs affecting Qt 5:  723 (prev. report: 709)
Link to filter: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=13521

Blockers (P0): 2
Criticals (P1): 55 (7%), prev. report: 55
Important (P2): 270 (37%), prev. 268
Not evaluated yet: 41 (%5), prev. 33

Bugs (and other tasks) for Beta 2 can be followed on QTBUG-27319 (link below).
There are 8 bugs/tasks still open for beta 2, all of them in progress, and most have fixes pending review/integration, or verification with a binary installer package.

_Ensuring that everything is handled_
All issues that are critical for the release should be marked as required for one of these issues:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27319 - Qt 5.0 Beta 2 tasks
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27426 - Qt 5.0 Final release tasks

If here is a need for discussion on the issues, this can be done on releasing at qt-project.org or irc (#qt-releases on Freenode).

Best regards,