[Releasing] Meeting minutes: release team meeting 29.10.2012

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Wed Oct 31 16:05:14 CET 2012

On 29 Oct 2012, at 20:13, Sorvig Morten <Morten.Sorvig at digia.com> wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2012, at 5:37 PM, Tanilkan Sinan <Sinan.Tanilkan at digia.com> wrote:
>>
>> _Support for Mac OS 10.6_
>> The releasing team discussed removing support for Mac OS 10.6. Lars will how much effort there is to fix the current issues, and see how to proceed.
>

> I think it's evident that 10.6 is getting rapidly less relevant at this point. The decision to support it was made on development@ a while a ago, so I think any decision to not support it should be made there as well.
>
> My recommendation is be that we make QtBase work for the final release and then document that QtMultimedia and QtWebkit is not supported.
>
> Morten

Hi,

I'm able to build Qt (current qt5.git, including QtWebKit and QtMultimedia) with a MacOSX10.6.sdk when I apply

https://codereview.qt-project.org/38537 (a fix that is necessary for compilation with the -sdk option in general, also for compiling with 10.7 sdk on 10.8)
and the attached patch to qtwebkit (which only has a few header fixes, and also a general fix for compilation with the -sdk option)

QtMultimedia compiles, I don't know what might not work, or if something is disabled in this case?

With that Qt5 build I can also build and run Qt Creator, but there are some serious bugs, which might be actually be only one bug with redrawing:
1) In the welcome screen I only see my first session, the other appear at mouse hover (QtQuick1)
2) When clicking on a mode button, the actual switch seems to happen only after a second click
3) When using ctrl+number shortcuts to switch between modes, there are serious painting artifacts

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius