[Releasing] Tarball distribution issue for the important releases

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sat Sep 1 05:39:36 CEST 2012

Hi all,

A final summary for the previous discussion [1] from my side what happened
with the client interface for important and long way to go releases like
this beta 1:

350 MB sparing (without space limitation issues) or being helpful with many
clients.

The current "sneak-in" (i.e. not public releasing mailing list) decision
went for sparing 350 MB. I personally disagree with that 350 MB is worth
the troubles for those clients. I would like to propose to get the bz2
tarball back in the future for those important releases, if there are no
space constraints.

What do others think? Any (reasonable) objections? Thank you in advance.

Laszlo

[1]
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2012-August/005992.html