[Releasing] Tarball distribution issue for the important releases

simon.hausmann at nokia.com simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Sat Sep 1 09:59:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

I support Thiago's decision. I don't see an actual _problem_ in providing the new compression given the availability of the tgz files.

I do see the mentioned advantages of it and I believe in guerilla tactics for introducing new formats like that. I did not see a formal mail from Linux distros when bz2 was introduced, instead it was adopted.

Simon