[Releasing] Qt5 SDK component install tree

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Sep 21 17:30:31 CEST 2012

On sexta-feira, 21 de setembro de 2012 12.26.26, Äijälä Johanna wrote:
> 1.       Install tree in installer gui, where components are selected to be
> installed: <src>
>     <qt>
>         <version>
>             <essentials>
>                 <>
>                 <>

Essentials, by definition, cannot be subdivided. Make the installation unitary:
all of them or none of them. Also, if possible, make the installation of any
add-on trigger the Essentials installation.

>             <add-ons>
>                 <>
>                 <>
> <desktop binaries>
>     <qt>
>         <version>
>             // <compiler>  ??
>             <essentials>
>                 <>
>                 <>

Ditto.

>             <add-ons>
>                 <>
>                 <>
> <tools>
>     <creator>
> <documentation>
>     <qt>
>     <creator>
>
> The beta1 installer had only the following:
> <qt version>
>     <src>
> <desktop>
>     <compiler>
>

> 2.       And the other thing is the installation path on users computer,
> beta1 installer has a long install paths, for example on windows:
> c:\Qt5.0.0beta1\Desktop\Qt\5.0.0-beta1\msvc2010_64 [examples\qtbase\....].
> That could be changed to for example:
>
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.0-Msvc64
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.0-Msvc32
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.0-MinGW
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.1-Msvc64
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.1-Msvc32
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.1-MinGW
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.2-Msvc64
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.2-Msvc32
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.2-MinGW
>
> or:
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.0\Msvc64
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.0\Msvc32
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.0\MinGW
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.1\Msvc64
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.1\Msvc32
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.1\MinGW
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.2\Msvc64
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.2\Msvc32
> c:\Qt5SDK\Desktop\5.0.2\MinGW

I prefer the first option, with the default dropping the 5. The QtSDK should be
able to install Qt 4 too.

> And then there is Qt5SDK\Documentation, Qt5SDK\Tools, Qt5SDK\Src and what
> else..?

For source and documentation, it needs a version number below:
c:\QtSDK\Source\5.0.0
c:\QtSDK\Source\5.0.1
c:\QtSDK\Documentation\5.0.0
c:\QtSDK\Documentation\5.0.1

For tools, it depends on what tools you're referring to.