[Releasing] Visual Studio 2012 update 2 available

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Fri Apr 26 09:23:13 CEST 2013

Hi there,

It seems Microsoft pushed out Update 2 for VS2012 this month: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2797912 . It seems not to require a new runtime ("
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 is compatible with Visual Studio 2012 Update 2."), but it apparently fixes also some compiler issues.

It's unclear at least to me how compatible the update is. Maurice reported that he had to recompile all of Qt after fetching an update, and recompiling only parts of Qt. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15836087/do-visual-studio-2012-updates-break-c-abi suggests that, if you stay out of STL, you should be fine . Anyhow, personally I think we should risk an update to Update 2 now for the 5.1 beta , since most of our users certainly will.

What do you think? Has anyone tried a Qt 5.1 with Update 2 already?

Regards

Kai