[Releasing] Including QTimeZone in Qt 5.1

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Thu Feb 21 00:26:51 CET 2013

Hi,

As per Lars' email to development, I would like to submit my implementation of
QTimeZone and its integration in QDateTime for inclusion in Qt 5.1.  My
development branch is currently on gitorious [1] but I'd like to push it to a
Gerrit feature branch by the end of this week to get the review process under
way and open up for contributions.  What's the best process for this?

[1] http://qt.gitorious.org/~odysseus/qt/odysseus-qtbase/commits/qtimezone

QTimeZone features implemented:
* Thread-safe time zone calculator
* Windows XP system backend
* Mac system backend
* TZ File backend
* ICU backend
* Partial integration in QDateTime

Outstanding work:
* Finish QDateTime integration
* Finish test cases
* Finish QDoc
* Windows Vista system backend

I expect most of the code required to be completed in teh next few days, with
just some clean-up work, tests and docs to be finished in the feature branch
over the next 2 weeks before merging.

Cheers!

John.