[Releasing] changes files for Qt 5.0.1

Sergio Ahumada sergio.ahumada at digia.com
Wed Jan 9 13:58:09 CET 2013

Hi,

This email is mostly for maintainers but everybody is welcomed to help.

For Qt 5.0.0 we were not that good at generating the changes files for
all the modules, so now I'd like to ask everybody to help with this task.

Based on https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-26065 I've added
the changes files for all the modules that we released in Qt 5.0.0 and
that we are planning to release in Qt 5.0.1, this is:

- qtactiveqt
- qtbase
- qtdeclarative
- qtdoc
- qtgraphicaleffects
- qtimageformats
- qtjsbackend
- qtmultimedia
- qtquick1
- qtscript
- qtsvg
- qttools
- qttranslations
- qtwebkit
- qtwebkit-examples-and-demos
- qtxmlpatterns

So I thought about two ways of doing this:

- You push your changes to "dist/changes-5.0.1" file yourself to
refs/for/release

- I collect the information somehow and push it to avoid merge
conflicts/rebases

Whatever we choose, we need to do it as soon as possible !

Cheers,

ps: all modules will have the "dist/changes-5.0.1" file in git by the
end of today. qtbase, qtscript, qttranslations, qtxmlpatterns,
qtactiveqt already have it.
--
Sergio Ahumada
Release Engineer - Digia, Qt