[Releasing] Qt 5.1 installers during weekend...

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 7 17:21:40 CEST 2013

On sexta-feira, 7 de junho de 2013 12.56.34, Salovaara Akseli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It has been few days since previous Qt 5.1 installer packages were available
> for testing. We believe that we have fixes going in today which will enable
> installers to be available again. Since we are very near to have Qt 5.1 RC1
> content in we would appreciate if you could participate testing during the
> weekend and give us feedback. You can use
> http://testresults.qt-project.org/forms/release-testing/ for reporting your
> test results or just reply your result to
> development at qt-project.org<mailto:development at qt-project.org> -mailing
> list.
>
> As before new installers will be available
> http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.1/5.1.0-rc1/backups/ with
> date and build number on folder name.

Remember: we're looking for a "smoke test" or "sanity test" type of testing
right now. We need to know whether the packages built correctly, contain all
the necessary changes, install and don't contain any embarrassing bugs.

We're not asking you to test whether these packages are "final 5.1 release
quality". That testing is what happens after RC1 is released.