[Releasing] Starting preparations for Qt 5.1

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at digia.com
Mon Mar 18 15:02:23 CET 2013

On 03/18/2013 11:24 AM, Ahumada Sergio wrote:
> - I haven't planed to create any branch yet for commits already in 'stable' and not in 'release'. So speak up if this is needed.

I have a patch pending for 'stable' which I think should go into Qt 5.0.3:


Unless there is a decision that we will never release on the Qt 5.0.x 
series ever again (which does not sound plausible, as we would have to 
if there was e.g. a bad security issue in the 5.0.2 release), I think it 
sounds safer to make a 5.0 branch that can be used to release patches in 
the future. Isn't that what we always did before? If the problem is 
making sure the branch is merged back, maybe we could make it policy 
that you submit to both stable and 5.0 if you want the patch in both?

-- Eskil

More information about the Releasing mailing list