[Releasing] Starting preparations for Qt 5.1

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Mon Mar 18 15:22:46 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:24:23AM +0000, Ahumada Sergio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Making of Qt 5.1 minor release will soon start:
>
> - Plan is to move 'dev' into 'stable' branch on March 19th.

i'd like to raise a formal objection.

CI was virtually unusable for two weeks now.
due to that there is a completely unreasonable backlog of changes meant
for 5.1 now. it makes no sense to re-target (or even deny them) due to
infrastructure problems.
also, we didn't have a single qt5.git integration in several weeks now.
that means that there is a fair amount of uncertainty involved (well, in
fact, i know that it's broken - my half-integrated patch series
contributes to that).

consequently we should delay the freeze by at least one week.

> - I haven't planed to create any branch yet for commits already in 'stable' and not in 'release'. So speak up if this is needed.

in fact, thiago and me already decided that we'll create an old/5.0
branch from stable right before we merge dev.