[Releasing] New Qt 5.2 snapshot available

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Wed Nov 27 12:45:41 CET 2013

Hi,

We have new Qt 5.2 snapshot packages available in http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.2/5.2.0-rc1/2013-11-27_176/ (mac installers) & http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.2/5.2.0-rc1/2013-11-27_177/ <http://qt-rnd.it.local/packages/jenkins/opensource/offline_installers/2013-11-27_177/> (Windows & linux ones)

These packages are considered to be really close to RC1 release packages.

Please report your testing effort via http://testresults.qt-project.org/forms/release-testing  form and in case of new bugs report those in JIRA https://bugreports.qt-project.org .

Qt5 changes in these packages:
* qtbase 40290b0...9b8570c (14):
> Fix deadlock when disconnecting connections made with function pointers
> Fix formatting in the platform-specific changes part of the ChangeLog
> Reflow the ChangeLog part for QtNetwork
> Update ChangeLog for 5.2.0 [QtDBus]
> Fix a race that occurred as we unlock the mutex to destroy the functor in ~QObject
> iOS: Update statusbar visibility and screen properties before window geometry
> iOS: Prefer window states over geometry-heuristics when laying out windows
> iOS: Dont warn about QBackingStore::resize() != window.size() for widgets
> iOS: Dont enable translucent statusbar for iOS6 on iPads
> Revert "Android: Use native platform menus."
> iOS: close keyboard upon hitting key done
> Update ChangeLog for 5.2.0 [QtCore]
> Update ChangeLog for 5.2.0 [QtWidgets]
> Update changelog for 5.2.0 RC1

* qtdoc 08b4755...6bd1511 (2):
> Doc: Fixed missing links in iOS, Android, WinCE, and Mac OS X pages.
> Added changelog for 5.2.0 release

* qtwebkit fb02f6e...840e281 (2):
> Account for when the QGraphicsView is a top level widget
> WebKitQML examples does not work on Mac

Br,
Jani