[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 07.04.2014

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Tue Apr 8 11:18:47 CEST 2014

Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 07.04.2014

-        Qt4.8.6 plan

o   Akseli to clarify whether either https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,82250 , https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,81793 , https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,82438 are regressions from 4.8.5. If not we can keep the rc1 sha, if yes we need to rebuild.



Irc log below:
[17:00:49] <akseli> kkoehne: sahumada: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: wolfgang-b: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko_: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ping
[17:01:02] <ankokko_> akseli: pong
[17:01:20] <kkoehne> akseli: pong
[17:02:40] <akseli> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:02:41] <fregl> akseli: pong
[17:03:06] <wolfgang-b> akseli: pong
[17:03:26] <akseli> jaheikki3 can't unfortunately join todays meeting and i have only item for agenda: Qt 4.8.6 go\no decision
[17:04:00] <akseli> fleel free to raise other topics but starting from Qt 4.8.6 go\no decision
[17:04:13] <akseli> there has been some items raised on releasing mailing list (e.g. QTBUG-31882, QTBUG-24815, QTBUG-34871) but none of them seems to be a blocker
[17:04:22] <akseli> few notifications about patches that should be in Qt486 (e.g. https://codereview.qt-project.org/80277) have been merged already before rc1
[17:04:48] <akseli> question is can we publish Qt 4.8.6 release based on rc1 sha1 215a78618b185a71f660201c902da51360d8c30d (Pass events to QGestureManager from the main (GUI) thread only) ?
[17:05:33] <wolfgang-b> We are already testing 4.8.6 internally since a few weeks/days except for the last commit about the QGestureManager and I think we are fine so far
[17:05:56] <akseli> wolfgang-b: thanks, thats great news
[17:06:16] <carewolf> pong
[17:06:36] <kkoehne> akseli: what about commit 343df131 - "Avoid out of bounds memory reads when scaling images" ?
[17:07:03] <kkoehne> akseli: The description itself sounds like it's a P1 ...
[17:08:00] <fkleint> yep that was a customer bug
[17:08:12] <kkoehne> fkleint: Regression? Crash?
[17:08:22] <fkleint> crash
[17:08:26] <akseli> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-35927
[17:09:22] <kkoehne> akseli: Sounds like something we should take into 4.8.6, then.
[17:10:05] <kkoehne> akseli: Unless Lars / Friedemann think it's a very infrequent issue ...
[17:10:49] <akseli> if you recommend that sha1 should change to that commit then it will
[17:10:53] <fkleint> "certain floating points used in translate() and drawImage
[17:10:55] <fkleint> ..
[17:11:11] <fkleint> I mean, we never saw that , only the customer with that transform
[17:11:20] <fkleint> but would be nice to have for sure
[17:11:46] -*- kkoehne sees also https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,82438 . But it's also not approved yet.
[17:13:23] <kkoehne> akseli: So, how bad would it be to still take the 4 commits since rc1 in?
[17:13:38] <akseli> i dont feel that we should wait commits which are not yet approved
[17:13:40] <akseli> but
[17:14:46] <kkoehne> akseli: The important question is probably if any of the two are regressions.
[17:14:48] <akseli> four new commits after rc1 in theory should not be a big risk but will delay release ... some may even ask that should we have new RC (in theory)
[17:16:06] <akseli> i'm not sure if QTBUG-35927 was regression on 485 or just found from that release
[17:16:54] <akseli> but crash is crash and fix does exist
[17:16:58] <kkoehne> akseli: Suggestion: We clarify whether either https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,82250 , https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,81793 , https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,82438 are regressions from 4.8.5. If not we can keep the rc1 sha, if yes we need to rebuild.
[17:18:05] <akseli> sounds good proposal for me, does others agree?
[17:18:32] <fkleint> ok, so should   QTBUG-35927  be in?
[17:19:41] <akseli> QTBUG-35927 == https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,81793
[17:19:56] <akseli> so lets check the impact first
[17:20:01] <kkoehne> fkleint: So, is it a regression?
[17:20:06] <fkleint> I don't know
[17:20:14] <fkleint> support might know
[17:20:29] <fkleint> but it has been in the list  of "most-wanted " for quite a while
[17:21:55] <kkoehne> akseli: Alright, looks like we don't have the expertise here to judge about the 3 / 4 commits. Can you take it up to clarify with the commit authors?
[17:22:16] <fkleint> or support for that matter
[17:22:16] <akseli> it seems that we cant decide based on current knowledge, proposal: what kkoehe said
[17:22:26] <fkleint> Andy is not around, it seems..
[17:22:58] <akseli> yep, i tried to reach him as well
[17:23:48] <akseli> anyways, i'll find contact  authors and lets decided go\no-go on mailing list or in worst case next monday
[17:23:59] <akseli> does that sound ok plan?
[17:24:08] <fkleint> yep
[17:25:06] <akseli> i don't have other items on agenda, next meeting on next monday at the same hour
[17:25:09] <akseli> ?
[17:26:15] <fkleint> OK, so no news about Qt 5.3...
[17:26:21] <fkleint> whether packages are updated..
[17:27:09] <akseli> fkleint: sorry, i havent been able to follow progress. only email from jaheikki3 earlier today.. ankokko_: ^
[17:27:41] <fkleint> oki
[17:28:17] <ankokko_> akseli: fkleint: I guess the status is pretty much what was in Jani's e-mail, waiting for some commit for android build problems AFAIK
[17:28:26] <fkleint> hm
[17:28:36] <fkleint> was the RC planned Wednesday..
[17:28:37] <fkleint> ok
[17:29:53] <akseli> i guess we can end today's meeting
[17:29:58] <fkleint> yup
[17:30:03] <kkoehne> fkleint: "[17:26:58] <jaheikki3> RC 24.4"
[17:30:05] <kkoehne> fkleint: from log
[17:30:25] <fkleint> Ah, ok so we have time for API review & BC checks
[17:30:59] <akseli> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.3-release is up to date i think
[17:31:41] <akseli> but thank you all for participating the meeting
[17:31:44] <akseli> bye
[17:31:46] <ankokko_> bye
[17:31:47] <fkleint> bye
Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager

Digia Plc
Elektroniikkatie 10, FI 90590 Oulu Finland
Email: jani.heikkinen at digia.com<mailto:jani.heikkinen at digia.com>
Mobile: +358-504-873-735
Visit us at: www.digia.com<http://www.digia.com/>
| Blog<http://blog.digia.com/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/digiaonline> | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/5119> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/digiaonline> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/digiaonline> |
This message and any attachments are intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it. Digia Plc does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/releasing/attachments/20140408/35815c0e/attachment.html>

More information about the Releasing mailing list