[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 14.04.2014
Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Tue Apr 15 08:56:40 CEST 2014
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 14.04.2014
- Plan is to put Qt5.3 RC out Thu 24th Apr 2014
o Things to be done
§ Fix remaining open issues linked in RC metabug (https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-37065)
§ Header diffs. Thiago will run diffs & people will get them on their inboxes on Thursday morning in Europe
· Please prioritize analysis of these when available. There isn't so much time to do needed fixed, packages for RC needs to be ready 22nd April to be able to keep the schedule!
- Qt4.8.6 status update
o Qt 4.8.6 rc2 available with four changes compared to rc1 (see http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/releasing/2014-April/001739.html)
o If nothing is raised as blocker before 17th of April then release will be published on next week, as soon as possible
- Next meeting Tue 22.4.2014 16:00 CET
Irc log below:
[17:00:32] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: sahumada: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: wolfgang-b: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ping
[17:00:43] <wolfgang-b> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:54] <ankokko_> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:59] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:01] <jaheikki3> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:02:16] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:31] <jaheikki3> Qt5.3 RC status
[17:02:31] <jaheikki3> Qt4.8.6 status
[17:02:41] <jaheikki3> Any additional item?
[17:04:00] <jaheikki3> OK, lets start from Qt5.3 RC status
[17:04:02] <carewolf> jaheikki3: pong
[17:04:09] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:04:27] <jaheikki3> Merge from stable to release done
[17:04:49] <jaheikki3> First snapshots from release branch available, but unfortunately with same content than stable
[17:05:11] <jaheikki3> Problems with qt5.git integration solved & qt5.git has now updated content (integration succeed about an hour ago)
[17:05:31] <jaheikki3> So tomorrow morning we should have snapshots with new content!
[17:06:01] <jaheikki3> Let's hope our packaging system behaves & we will get all packages...
[17:06:40] <jaheikki3> Plan is to put RC out Thu 24th Apr 2014
[17:07:19] <jaheikki3> So there isn't so many days left for finalizing task to be done before RC!
[17:07:30] <jaheikki3> Issues to be fixed before RC listed in metabug (https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-37065 )
[17:07:38] <carewolf> is final then a week later, unless regressions?
[17:07:47] <thiago> is mac building?
[17:07:52] <thiago> because we have a bugfix for it
[17:08:02] <thiago> a build fix...
[17:08:02] <jaheikki3> Actually final is 7th May 2014
[17:08:48] <jaheikki3> thiago: At least qt5.qit integration succeed, also in mac side
[17:09:05] <jaheikki3> NB round isn't started yet, it will start a bit later
[17:09:30] <thiago> package building, I mean
[17:10:06] <thiago> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-38193 might affect you
[17:10:29] <thiago> anyway, I'll simply stage the fix right now
[17:11:36] <jaheikki3> thiago: OK. I cannot open packaging pages now but if I remember correctly we haven't had problems with mac. ankokko?
[17:12:09] <jaheikki3> ah, ankokko needs to left
[17:12:43] <jaheikki3> Is there something else to be done before RC than fixing those remaining bugs?
[17:13:14] <jaheikki3> Those header diffs which thiago ran during 5.2.0?
[17:14:05] <thiago> we need that, indeed
[17:15:22] <jaheikki3> thiago, do you take a ball with those?
[17:16:48] <jaheikki3> Hoping so.
[17:16:50] <jaheikki3> ;)
[17:16:55] <thiago> on Wednesday
[17:16:56] <thiago> yes
[17:17:02] <jaheikki3> Great!
[17:17:16] <thiago> people will get them on their inboxes on Thursday morning in Europe
[17:18:48] <jaheikki3> OK. There isn't so much time to react to findings because of Easter. But let's hope there isn't anything so critical....
[17:19:15] <jaheikki3> Anything else related to 5.3 RC?
[17:20:50] <jaheikki3> It seems not. Let's then continue with Qt8.8.6 status update. Akseli^
[17:21:15] <jaheikki3> Qt4.8.6 ;)
[17:21:17] <akseli> Qt 4.8.6 rc2 available with four changes compared to rc1 (see http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/releasing/2014-April/001739.html)
[17:21:41] <akseli> If nothing is raised as blocker before 17th of April then release will be published on next week, as soon as possible
[17:22:31] <akseli> but that is status & schedule briefly unless someone has already blocker in mind now:)
[17:23:46] <jaheikki3> OK, thanks Akseli?
[17:24:01] <akseli> next meeting?
[17:24:17] <jaheikki3> Then next meeting. I propose next Tue at this same time. OK?
[17:25:23] <akseli> ok for me
[17:26:06] <thiago> conflicts with meetings for me
[17:26:23] <thiago> I might be able to multi-task though
[17:26:25] <thiago> so, ok
[17:26:58] <jaheikki3> ok, great! next meeting Tue 22.4.2014 16:00 CET
[17:27:23] <jaheikki3> Let's end this meeting now. Thanks for your participation.
[17:27:25] -*- thiago is so glad this meeting isn't on a voice conference...
[17:27:26] <jaheikki3> bye!
[17:27:34] <wolfgang-b> bye
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Releasing