[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 22.04.2014
Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Wed Apr 23 08:06:07 CEST 2014
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 22.04.2014
- Qt5.3 RC status
o Unfortunately there is still open items in https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-37065 so we cannot release RC as planned
o Plan is to fix remaining issues as soon as possible & try to put RC out at the beginning of next week
o Header diff needs to be done
§ Thiago will try to do it this time. Unless someone does it first (Instructions at the end of previous header diff mail).
- Qt 4.8.6 status
o 486 rc2 has been published for a while. no blocker issues have been raised
o fixes for compilation of WebKit with VS2012/13 won’t be part of 486
§ people should disable qtwebkit building in qt 4.8.6 and build qtwebkit 2.3.3 instead
· Akseli to discuss with Allan to add instructions for that in the release (Known issues Wiki?)
o release will be published tomorrow\during this week
- Next meeting Mon 28.4.2014 16:00 CET
Irc log below:
[17:00:38] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: sahumada: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: wolfgang-b: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ping
[17:00:45] <sahumada> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:46] <wolfgang-b> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:47] <ZapB> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:01] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:12] <fregl> hi
[17:02:22] <fkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:29] <jaheikki3> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:02:45] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:45] <jaheikki3> Qt5.3 RC status
[17:02:45] <jaheikki3> Qt4.8.6 status
[17:02:45] <jaheikki3> Any additional item?
[17:03:11] <fregl> quick question - are we packaging on rhel or ubuntu for linux packages?
[17:03:38] <thiago> I thought it was Debian
[17:03:38] <jaheikki3> fregl: still ubuntu.
[17:03:57] <fregl> thiago: not as long as I've been here ;)
[17:04:02] <jaheikki3> Plan was to start using rhel but it wasn't so easy
[17:04:06] <fregl> jaheikki3: thanks, that's good
[17:04:34] <fregl> yes, so at some point we'll package on rhel, but we should have passing tests there before (that's the reason for my question)
[17:04:51] <jaheikki3> OK
[17:05:14] <jaheikki3> let’s start from Qt5.3 RC status
[17:05:14] <fregl> thiago: appearently ubuntu 11.something which doesn't have new enough xinput packages for touch
[17:06:08] <jaheikki3> fregl: Yes, there is open issue related to this: QTBUG-35583 Desktop Linux version lacks touch support
[17:07:19] <jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt5.3 RC status
[17:07:31] <jaheikki3> According to plan RC should be out this Thu, see http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.3-release
[17:07:46] <jaheikki3> To be able to release RC as planned we should have RC candidate packages available for testing today.
[17:08:00] <jaheikki3> Unfortunately there is still open items in https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-37065 so we cannot release RC as planned
[17:09:05] <jaheikki3> I have tried to collect LEs for open items and it seems at least most of those can be fixed during this week
[17:09:40] <fregl> jaheikki3: QTBUG-35583 will not be fixed with the current ubuntu, right?
[17:10:24] <jaheikki3> fregl:Yes, I think so
[17:10:38] <fregl> jaheikki3: there are patches pending integration for QTBUG-37112 lconvert, lrelease and lupdate are not built in the ios package
[17:10:38] <jaheikki3> fregl: I have asked comments from Lars
[17:11:19] <jaheikki3> fregl: I notice changes. Those weren't approved yet
[17:12:33] <jaheikki3> thiago: what about those header diffs & change files?
[17:12:43] <fregl> jaheikki3: can you stage https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,83838 ?
[17:12:57] <thiago> jaheikki3: I'll do them if someone doesn't beat me to it first
[17:13:06] <thiago> I've been extremely busy planning the Tizen Developer Conference
[17:13:28] <jaheikki3> fregl: done
[17:13:51] <fregl> jaheikki3: great, once that one is in the second patch can be staged as well
[17:15:22] <jaheikki3> thiago: OK. It would be really good if you could write short instructions what to do related to that & then the release team can take the responsibility to do it in further releases
[17:15:40] <jaheikki3> fregl: OK, I'll take care of that
[17:16:19] <thiago> every time I send them, I post the instructions
[17:16:23] <thiago> look up the last email
[17:16:42] <thiago> note that for the changelog, there are pending changes in gerrit that haven't been approved
[17:17:50] <jaheikki3> thiago: OK, I will. Would it be possible that you do it for this release and we take care of it after that?
[17:18:28] <thiago> I don't mind taking care for further releases
[17:18:36] <thiago> it just so happens I haven't had the time for 2 weeks now
[17:20:52] <jaheikki3> ok, we just discussed with iieklund that this might be one issue which we can take care of & so on make your workload a bit smaller
[17:21:23] <thiago> I will try to do it this time. Unless someone does it first.
[17:21:39] <jaheikki3> Anything else related to RC?
[17:23:50] <jaheikki3> OK, let's fix those remaining issues as soon as possible & try to put RC out at the beginning of next week
[17:24:03] <jaheikki3> Then Qt 4.8.6 status. akseli^
[17:24:55] <akseli> 486 rc2 has been published for a while. no blocker issues have been raised as far as i know.
[17:24:58] <fkleint> There were fixes for compilation of WebKit with VS2012/13..are these part of the 4.8.6 release ?
[17:25:25] <akseli> i was kind of expecting that question. no, those are not part of 486
[17:25:36] <fkleint> Hmmmmm
[17:26:20] <fkleint> Not sure what the status of WebKit in 4.8 is, is it usable or basically dead security-wise
[17:26:20] <akseli> people using vs2012/13 i strongly recommend to use qt5
[17:26:24] <fkleint> Ah
[17:26:26] <fkleint> good reason ;-)
[17:28:12] <thiago> people should disable qtwebkit building in qt 4.8.6 and build qtwebkit 2.3.3 instead
[17:29:12] <akseli> but unless someone cleary states vs2012/13 & webkit (or some other issue) is absolutely blocker then release will be publishded tomorrow\during this week
[17:29:14] <thiago> in fact, we should add instructions for that in the release
[17:30:38] <akseli> thiago: instructions on known issues type of wiki page? would you be interested to write such instructions?
[17:31:00] <thiago> please ask allan
[17:31:11] <thiago> he'll know the exact instructions to do it and not lose functionality
[17:31:22] <akseli> ok, thanks
[17:31:33] <mibrunin> hi all, allan/carewolf is on holiday today
[17:31:58] <thiago> he'll be back eventually
[17:32:05] <mibrunin> thiago: sure
[17:32:05] <thiago> we can publish those instructions in a few days
[17:33:06] <mibrunin> as for the vs2012/2013 case, do we have 2012/2013 packages for the 4.8 releases?
[17:33:20] <akseli> no, only 2008 & 2010
[17:34:32] <jaheikki3> OK, I think that was all from 4.8.6 status
[17:35:08] <jaheikki3> Is there something else or just agree next meeting?
[17:35:09] <mibrunin> akseli: okay, I thought so - so we can include those fixes in the instructions and decide if we possibly want them in 4.8.7 if that is planned
[17:36:25] <akseli> mibrunin: sounds like a plan
[17:36:31] <fkleint> akseli: Just FYI, we got a regression in 4,. https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-38376 , but I can;t really tell if this ever worked
[17:37:04] <mibrunin> akseli: agree :)
[17:37:11] <fkleint> Anyways, reasons to look forward to 4.8.7...
[17:37:33] <mibrunin> fkleint: or switch to qt5 in the meantime ;)
[17:38:09] <fkleint> Exacty!~
[17:39:00] <jaheikki3> OK, sound like we are almost ready. Next ,meeting Monday 28.4 at this same time?
[17:40:07] <thiago> sounds good
[17:40:29] <jaheikki3> OK, see you then! Thanks for everyone!
[17:40:32] <jaheikki3> Bye
[17:40:38] <akseli> bye
[17:43:28] <fkleint> bye
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Releasing