[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 11.08.2014

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Tue Aug 12 06:14:15 CEST 2014

Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 11.08.2014

-        Target is to release Qt 5.4.0 Alpha Thursday 14th Aug 2014 as planned

o   There is still some issues to be done before that, let's see if we can finalize all these early enough

-        Target is to release 5.3.2 before 5.4.0 Beta release (end of August / early September)

o   Metabug for issues to be fixed before 5.3.2 release: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-40712

-        Next meeting 25.08.2014 16:00 CET


IRC log below:
[17:00:48] <jaheikki3_> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: sahumada: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: wolfgang-b: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ping
[17:00:58] <ankokko__> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:02:15] <wolfgang-b> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:02:38] <carewolf> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:02:49] <fregl>  jaheikki3_: pong
[17:03:05] <jaheikki3_> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:03:13] <jaheikki3_> On agenda today:
[17:03:22] <jaheikki3_> 5.4.0 Alpha release
[17:03:29] <jaheikki3_> 5.3.2 release schedule
[17:03:41] <jaheikki3_> Any additional items?
[17:06:07] <wolfgang-b> Any news on a LTS release? Will it be 5.3 or rather 5.4, 5.5?
[17:07:15] <jaheikki3_> wolfgang-b: no news related to that, sorry. Need to start discussion now when most of people are back from their summer holidays
[17:07:38] <wolfgang-b> jaheikki3_: k, thanks
[17:07:47] <jaheikki3_> OK, lets start from 5.4.0 Alpha release
[17:08:18] <jaheikki3_> feature freeze was last friday & ossi created 5.4 branch during the weekend
[17:09:17] <jaheikki3_> CI setups for 5.4 branch under integration
[17:10:09] <jaheikki3_> there is at least QStorageInfo related changes in 5.4 branch which needs to be in before Alpha release
[17:10:59] <jaheikki3_> Plan was to put Alpha out this thu but let's see if we could get all ready early enough
[17:12:40] <jaheikki3_> Any comments?
[17:13:26] <w00t> jaheikki3_: I had sent to you privately but I suppose it makes sense for this too. https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTQAINFRA-887 should be looked at for 5.4.0
[17:15:41] <thiago> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:15:41] <thiago> jaheikki3_: as replied by email, I will let you know by Wednesday EOD whether I need the alpha postponed
[17:15:41] <thiago> jaheikki3_: also, I won't have time to create the changelog
[17:16:10] <thiago> 11:11 < thiago> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:16:13] <thiago> 11:11 < thiago> jaheikki3_: as replied by email, I will let you know by Wednesday EOD whether I need the alpha postponed
[17:16:16] <thiago> 11:13 < thiago> jaheikki3_: also, I won't have time to create the changelog
[17:17:04] <jaheikki3_> w00t:OK, thanks. I need to ask Tony to check that because simo is on vacation
[17:17:41] <w00t> jaheikki3_: it's not a problem with the infra as such, I just had nowhere better to file it
[17:18:39] <jaheikki3_> thiago: Ok, I noticed that. Let's hope we can release alpha as planned but it might be thight to finalize all needed early enough
[17:18:42] <w00t> it's "just" a new module that needs taking in. but I have no idea what to do to make that happen :)
[17:19:47] <jaheikki3_> w00t: if I have understood correctly it needs to be added as a part of qt5.git. fregl:?
[17:20:23] <fregl> jaheikki3_: it is part of qt5.git - just not of the module set that gets checked out by default
[17:21:10] <jaheikki3_> thiago: Does we need changelogs in alpha phase? In my opinion we haven't had those earlier this early....
[17:21:21] <thiago> jaheikki3_: ok
[17:22:29] <jaheikki3_> fregl: OK, I need to check that tomorrow with iieklund
[17:23:55] <jaheikki3_> OK, I think that is all about 5.4.0 Alpha now
[17:24:08] <jaheikki3_> then 5.3.2 release schedule
[17:24:50] <fregl> jaheikki3_: w00t: patch for wayland: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/91954/ - is wayland CI tested and does it have a 5.4 branch though?
[17:25:23] <w00t> fregl: no branch, I guess that will need creating. it should be under CI, yes
[17:26:21] <jaheikki3_> I propose to start preparing 5.3.2 release now & try to release it before 5.4.0 Beta meaning end of august/early september
[17:27:22] <fregl> jaheikki3_: what's the state of on-demand CI? do we manage to create different releases interleaved now?
[17:27:51] <fregl> 5.3.2 now sounds good in any case
[17:28:11] <jaheikki3_> fregl: it isn't fully ready yet but tony estimated it should be ready within a week.
[17:28:36] <fregl> great, hopefully all goes smooth
[17:28:45] <jaheikki3_> yeah, hoping so
[17:30:03] <jaheikki3_> I will create metabug for 5.3.2 blockers as earlier. Please link all blockers there immediately when available
[17:32:01] <jaheikki3_> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-40712
[17:32:24] <jaheikki3_> Anything else today?
[17:33:07] <thiago> not that I can think of
[17:34:38] <jaheikki3_> then next meeting. Does we need to have one next monday or is it ok to have it after two weeks?
[17:36:04] <jaheikki3_> Plan to proceed is quite clear and that's why I propose to have next meeting after two weeks (25.8.2014)
[17:36:26] <jaheikki3_> at this same time. OK for everyone?
[17:36:57] <fregl> sounds good
[17:37:43] <ankokko__> +1
[17:37:58] <jaheikki3_> ok, lets put alpha out as soon as possible & have a next meeting 25.8.2014 16:00 CET
[17:38:12] <jaheikki3_> Thanks for everyone!
[17:38:15] <jaheikki3_> Bye
[17:38:25] <ankokko__> bye

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/releasing/attachments/20140812/08af6006/attachment.html>

More information about the Releasing mailing list