[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 11.08.2014

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Thu Aug 14 09:13:04 CEST 2014


Unfortunately we didn't manage to finalize all needed changes etc in time to be able to release 5.4 Alpha today. Let's try to put Alpha out during next week instead...


From: Heikkinen Jani
Sent: 12. elokuuta 2014 7:14
To: releasing at qt-project.org
Subject: Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 11.08.2014

Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 11.08.2014

-        Target is to release Qt 5.4.0 Alpha Thursday 14th Aug 2014 as planned

o   There is still some issues to be done before that, let's see if we can finalize all these early enough

-        Target is to release 5.3.2 before 5.4.0 Beta release (end of August / early September)

o   Metabug for issues to be fixed before 5.3.2 release: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-40712

-        Next meeting 25.08.2014 16:00 CET


IRC log below:
[17:00:48] <jaheikki3_> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: sahumada: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: wolfgang-b: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ping
[17:00:58] <ankokko__> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:02:15] <wolfgang-b> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:02:38] <carewolf> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:02:49] <fregl>  jaheikki3_: pong
[17:03:05] <jaheikki3_> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:03:13] <jaheikki3_> On agenda today:
[17:03:22] <jaheikki3_> 5.4.0 Alpha release
[17:03:29] <jaheikki3_> 5.3.2 release schedule
[17:03:41] <jaheikki3_> Any additional items?
[17:06:07] <wolfgang-b> Any news on a LTS release? Will it be 5.3 or rather 5.4, 5.5?
[17:07:15] <jaheikki3_> wolfgang-b: no news related to that, sorry. Need to start discussion now when most of people are back from their summer holidays
[17:07:38] <wolfgang-b> jaheikki3_: k, thanks
[17:07:47] <jaheikki3_> OK, lets start from 5.4.0 Alpha release
[17:08:18] <jaheikki3_> feature freeze was last friday & ossi created 5.4 branch during the weekend
[17:09:17] <jaheikki3_> CI setups for 5.4 branch under integration
[17:10:09] <jaheikki3_> there is at least QStorageInfo related changes in 5.4 branch which needs to be in before Alpha release
[17:10:59] <jaheikki3_> Plan was to put Alpha out this thu but let's see if we could get all ready early enough
[17:12:40] <jaheikki3_> Any comments?
[17:13:26] <w00t> jaheikki3_: I had sent to you privately but I suppose it makes sense for this too. https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTQAINFRA-887 should be looked at for 5.4.0
[17:15:41] <thiago> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:15:41] <thiago> jaheikki3_: as replied by email, I will let you know by Wednesday EOD whether I need the alpha postponed
[17:15:41] <thiago> jaheikki3_: also, I won't have time to create the changelog
[17:16:10] <thiago> 11:11 < thiago> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:16:13] <thiago> 11:11 < thiago> jaheikki3_: as replied by email, I will let you know by Wednesday EOD whether I need the alpha postponed
[17:16:16] <thiago> 11:13 < thiago> jaheikki3_: also, I won't have time to create the changelog
[17:17:04] <jaheikki3_> w00t:OK, thanks. I need to ask Tony to check that because simo is on vacation
[17:17:41] <w00t> jaheikki3_: it's not a problem with the infra as such, I just had nowhere better to file it
[17:18:39] <jaheikki3_> thiago: Ok, I noticed that. Let's hope we can release alpha as planned but it might be thight to finalize all needed early enough
[17:18:42] <w00t> it's "just" a new module that needs taking in. but I have no idea what to do to make that happen :)
[17:19:47] <jaheikki3_> w00t: if I have understood correctly it needs to be added as a part of qt5.git. fregl:?
[17:20:23] <fregl> jaheikki3_: it is part of qt5.git - just not of the module set that gets checked out by default
[17:21:10] <jaheikki3_> thiago: Does we need changelogs in alpha phase? In my opinion we haven't had those earlier this early....
[17:21:21] <thiago> jaheikki3_: ok
[17:22:29] <jaheikki3_> fregl: OK, I need to check that tomorrow with iieklund
[17:23:55] <jaheikki3_> OK, I think that is all about 5.4.0 Alpha now
[17:24:08] <jaheikki3_> then 5.3.2 release schedule
[17:24:50] <fregl> jaheikki3_: w00t: patch for wayland: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/91954/ - is wayland CI tested and does it have a 5.4 branch though?
[17:25:23] <w00t> fregl: no branch, I guess that will need creating. it should be under CI, yes
[17:26:21] <jaheikki3_> I propose to start preparing 5.3.2 release now & try to release it before 5.4.0 Beta meaning end of august/early september
[17:27:22] <fregl> jaheikki3_: what's the state of on-demand CI? do we manage to create different releases interleaved now?
[17:27:51] <fregl> 5.3.2 now sounds good in any case
[17:28:11] <jaheikki3_> fregl: it isn't fully ready yet but tony estimated it should be ready within a week.
[17:28:36] <fregl> great, hopefully all goes smooth
[17:28:45] <jaheikki3_> yeah, hoping so
[17:30:03] <jaheikki3_> I will create metabug for 5.3.2 blockers as earlier. Please link all blockers there immediately when available
[17:32:01] <jaheikki3_> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-40712
[17:32:24] <jaheikki3_> Anything else today?
[17:33:07] <thiago> not that I can think of
[17:34:38] <jaheikki3_> then next meeting. Does we need to have one next monday or is it ok to have it after two weeks?
[17:36:04] <jaheikki3_> Plan to proceed is quite clear and that's why I propose to have next meeting after two weeks (25.8.2014)
[17:36:26] <jaheikki3_> at this same time. OK for everyone?
[17:36:57] <fregl> sounds good
[17:37:43] <ankokko__> +1
[17:37:58] <jaheikki3_> ok, lets put alpha out as soon as possible & have a next meeting 25.8.2014 16:00 CET
[17:38:12] <jaheikki3_> Thanks for everyone!
[17:38:15] <jaheikki3_> Bye
[17:38:25] <ankokko__> bye

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/releasing/attachments/20140814/29cd8a1b/attachment.html>

More information about the Releasing mailing list