[Releasing] SPDY feature in Qt 5.3

Peter Hartmann phartmann at blackberry.com
Fri Feb 14 15:28:22 CET 2014

Hello,

I am having problems with getting the commit in that adds SPDY
functionality to QtNetwork ([1]). The problem is not the commit itself,
but the network test server apparently not installing the module for the
server correctly ([*], [2]).
I have tried to deploy the module for the server on my own test server
setup, and all auto tests work fine there; but since I don't have access
to the machines on the CI system, it is hard for me to investigate what
is going on.

I wonder whether it would be possible to get the commit in before the
feature freeze anyhow by making the auto tests insignificant for now?

The new functionality is opt-in (i.e. not used by default), and given
that the current network auto tests still work (and would be tested when
cherry-picking the commit), there would be a low risk of breaking
existing code.

Please let me know what you think, I guess ultimately Lars has to decide
whether this is possible or not (or maybe somebody else, I don't know).

Peter

[*] For some strange reason, the tests pass on one machine [3] and fails
on another [4]

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/77480
[2] https://codereview.qt-project.org/77620
[3]