[Releasing] [Development] HEADS UP: merge stable into release and dev into stable

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at digia.com
Tue Feb 18 09:39:02 CET 2014

Tirsdag 18. februar 2014 08.19.04 skrev Heikkinen Jani:
> Hi Frederik & others!

I have been doing these for over a year, even with Sergio around, so the
merges as such are no big deal. Running the script from qtrepotools doesn't
cost any time. The only time where it gets interesting is when there are
conflicts.

The problem is just not knowing what needs to be done when and how. My
interest is of course to help getting Qt releases out as easily as possible.
I'd just like to know how to make this work and know before that a merge is
needed (which is only the case when there are conflicts anyway, every clean
merge is not interesting and can be done in any direction anyway).

Greetings,
Frederik