[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 27.01.2014
Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Tue Jan 28 12:41:21 CET 2014
Meeting minutes from Qt release team meeting 27.01.2014:
- Qt 5.2.1 RC packages out & under testing
o Plan is put Qt 5.2.1 final out during next week
- First Qt 4.8.6 snapshots out
o migw4.8.2 is not yet set up on packaging machines so those snapshots are delayed
- Akseli to check if needed Mavericks fixes are in Qt 4.8.6 branch
- Next meeting 03.02.2014 16:00 CET
Irc log below:
[17:00:35] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: sahumada: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: wolfgang-b: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko ping
[17:00:50] <peter-h> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:01] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:24] <ZapB> jaheikki3: pong
[17:03:06] <jaheikki3> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:03:44] <jaheikki3> I don't have anything else for today's agenda than Qt 5.2.1 final schedule
[17:04:08] <jaheikki3> Does someone has somethin else?
[17:04:21] <thiago> status of 4.8.6
[17:05:03] <jaheikki3> OK, hoping akseli arrives in the meeting and give the 4.8.6 status
[17:05:05] <wolfgang-b> jaheikki3: pong
[17:05:29] <fkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:06:06] <jaheikki3> ok, lets start from 5.2.1
[17:06:28] <jaheikki3> All issues from https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-35562 fixed
[17:06:39] <jaheikki3> 5.2.1 RC packages are now out and under testing.
[17:07:05] <jaheikki3> Some feedback already got but more needed.
[17:08:00] <jaheikki3> There seems to be some regression compared to 5.2
[17:08:06] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:08:38] <kkoehne> jaheikki3: We've one QtHelp crash still under investigation. Not sure whether it's a regression or not, but it'll let Creator crash on first startup.
[17:08:38] <jaheikki3> It seems studies are ongoing, hoping to get fixes soon
[17:09:35] <jaheikki3> kkoehne: OK, it is one and webkit has another
[17:10:17] <wolfgang-b> jaheikki3: this one is already fixed, but maybe you want to add to the list as well QTBUG-36437
[17:11:11] <jaheikki3> wolfgang-b: true. QTBUG-36437 is already fixed...
[17:12:27] <jaheikki3> I would like to release 5.2.1 final during next week
[17:12:57] <jaheikki3> If we could fix these known issues early enough
[17:13:48] <jaheikki3> or does someone disagree?
[17:15:08] <thiago> sounds good
[17:15:15] <thiago> looks like no one disagrees
[17:15:31] <wolfgang-b> no, fine with me
[17:15:40] <ZapB> fine by me
[17:15:48] <jaheikki3> Great. Let's fix these regression cases & put release out!
[17:16:04] <jaheikki3> Then 4.8.6 status. Akseli^
[17:16:51] <akseli> I had a bit of fight with build system during and that delayed first snapshots until end of last week
[17:17:36] <akseli> but firsts snapshots are out and more will be available when new commits will go trhough CI
[17:18:26] <akseli> migw4.8.2 is not yet set up on packaging machines so those snapshots are delayd
[17:18:56] <thiago> ok
[17:19:04] <thiago> but mac ones are working?
[17:19:50] <akseli> i have had a bit limited possibility to test but yes i would say it is working
[17:20:05] <thiago> do we know if all the outstanding Mavericks issues are fixed?
[17:20:40] <akseli> i'm not certain to be honest
[17:21:55] <akseli> but that have to be tested
[17:22:12] <thiago> I think it needs to be
[17:22:30] <thiago> we can't release without Mavericks support, especially if the fixes are known and just need to be backported
[17:22:36] <jaheikki3> is there a list of those issues somewhere?
[17:22:42] <thiago> I don't know
[17:22:50] <thiago> we should ask one of the mac devs to take a look
[17:24:11] <jaheikki3> true. I think Akseli and I can take care of that
[17:24:27] <akseli> there are quite many mavericks specific commits already but i'll check from mac specialists
[17:25:18] <jaheikki3> ok. Anything else related 4.8.6?
[17:25:38] <fkleint> Is this package tested at all?
[17:26:15] <akseli> fkleint: automated smoke test but otherwise limited testing so far
[17:26:17] <jaheikki3> fkleint: you mean 4.8.6?
[17:26:20] <fkleint> yes
[17:28:46] <fkleint> Just wondering..but ok'
[17:29:23] <jaheikki3> I think lot's more manual testing is needed for it..
[17:30:28] <jaheikki3> I have a a bit hurry now. It seems we are covered all items now. Let's have next meeting next monday at this same time. OK?
[17:30:43] <fkleint> ok
[17:31:13] <ZapB> ok
[17:31:43] <wolfgang-b> k
[17:32:01] <jaheikki3> Great. Let's end this meeting now. Thanks for everyone!
[17:32:03] <jaheikki3> Bye
[17:32:08] <fkleint> bye
[17:32:12] <ZapB> thanks
[17:32:14] <peter-h> bye
[17:32:16] <akseli> bye
[17:32:34] <wolfgang-b> bye
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Releasing