[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 16.06.2014
Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Mon Jun 16 16:47:34 CEST 2014
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 16.06.2014
- Qt 5.3.1 status
o We don't have Qt5.3.1 packages ready yet
o Also 5.3.1 branch not done yet. Now 5.3 (& stable) is temporarily closed to be able to do branching
o 5.3 qt5.git integration finally succeed a while ago -> we will have packages with updated content available tomorrow morning
- Qt5.3.1 plan
o Integrate remaining changes to 5.3 branch & create new 5.3.1 branch
§ Changes under integration in stable (https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/86635/ & https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/84455/) won't be in 5.3.1
o qt5.git integration will be done in 5.3.1 branch to get new branch as soon as possible
o Then create 5.3.1 candidate packages from 5.3.1 branch for testing
o And if nothing serious found during testing put 5.3.1 out during next week
- Next meeting Mon 23rd June 16:00 CET
IRC log below:
[17:00:41] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: sahumada: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: wolfgang-b: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ping
[17:00:49] <kkoehne> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:53] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:54] <ankokko__> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:04] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:09] <vladimirM> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:21] <carewolf> jaheikki3: pon
[17:01:24] <carewolf> g
[17:01:47] <jaheikki3> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:02:06] <jaheikki3> on agenda today:
[17:02:17] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.3.1 status
[17:02:23] <jaheikki3> Any additional items?
[17:03:57] <fkleint> Ahem
[17:04:10] <fkleint> jaheikki3: ping
[17:04:34] <jaheikki3> OK, Qt 5.3.1 status:
[17:05:05] <jaheikki3> Plan was to publish Qt5.3.1 this Tue (17th) June but unfortunately it isn't possible... We don't have packages ready yet
[17:05:45] <jaheikki3> Also 5.3.1 branch not done yet. Now 5.3 (& stable) is temporarily closed to be able to do branching
[17:06:00] <jaheikki3> 5.3 qt5.git integration finally succeed a while ago -> we will have packages with updated content available tomorrow morning
[17:06:21] <jaheikki3> Now waiting remaining integrations finished , new qt5.git integration & branching
[17:06:43] <jaheikki3> Two changes under integration in stable branch as well: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/86635/ & https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/84455/
[17:07:01] <jaheikki3> I'll propose that we don't take those in to 5.3.1 but for 5.3.2.
[17:07:49] <jaheikki3> Both are fixes for bugs in 5.2.0 and not so severe ones
[17:08:18] <ossi|tt> yeah, i just created a merge from stable - https://codereview.qt-project.org/87555
[17:09:26] <ossi|tt> alternatively, we can merge stable into 5.3.1 after creating it. then the process can be better parallelized.
[17:10:09] <thiago> if possible, we should release the changes in stable
[17:10:32] <thiago> if nothing else, because otherwise we'd have to look up the fixes that didn't get released and change their target resolution from 5.3.1 to 5.3.2
[17:12:45] <jaheikki3> thiago: you are meaning these two changes under integration?
[17:13:51] <thiago> I mean whatever is not in the branch right now
[17:13:56] <thiago> git log origin/5.3..origin/stable
[17:14:48] <ossi|tt> that doesn't answer the original question at all ...
[17:15:41] <ossi|tt> anyway, the two changes currently being integrated are both indeed low-prio, so i think the three merges i pushed are sufficient.
[17:19:42] <jaheikki3> ossi|tt: sahumada: are those actually duplicates? qt/qtquickcontrols is already in https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/87153/ & qtbase & qtdeclarative in https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/87532/
[17:21:27] <ossi|tt> eh?
[17:21:52] <ossi|tt> there is new commits, obviously
[17:22:09] <ossi|tt> maybe even are ^^
[17:24:33] <jaheikki3> ossi|tt: ok. I tried to do that merge before meeting & scripts found changes in qtquickcintrols (see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/87553/). Sergio said this is already in. That's why I was wondering your changes ;)
[17:26:54] <ossi|tt> i think there was some misunderstanding. or i'm too stupid to have up-to-date branches. ;)
[17:27:07] <jaheikki3> but OK, plan for 5.3.1 is: integrate these remaining changes to 5.3 branch, update qt5.git & create new 5.3.1 branch
[17:27:49] <jaheikki3> Then create 5.3.1 candidate packages from 5.3.1 branch for testing
[17:28:04] <ossi|tt> don't bother updating qt5. you can do that after branching off
[17:28:18] <jaheikki3> OK, true
[17:29:04] <jaheikki3> And if nothing serious found during testing put 5.3.1 out during next week
[17:29:10] <jaheikki3> OK for everyone?
[17:29:14] <ossi|tt> sure
[17:29:23] <ankokko__> sounds good
[17:29:27] <carewolf> +1
[17:29:47] <fregl> yes, sounds good
[17:29:50] <thiago> yes
[17:30:44] <jaheikki3> great, that will be the plan then.
[17:31:04] <jaheikki3> Is there something else except next meeting?
[17:32:43] <jaheikki3> I propose to have a next meeting Monday 23th June at this same time to check 5.3.1 status
[17:34:41] <jaheikki3> Seems to be OK for everyone ;)
[17:34:45] <thiago> yep
[17:34:57] <jaheikki3> Let's end this meeting now
[17:35:00] <jaheikki3> Bye!
[17:35:07] <ankokko__> bye
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Releasing